Due to the intensity of the COVID-19 virus and the recognized importance of minimizing in-person contact as much as possible, Dr. Cooley is now offering new & existing patients telemedicine services for a limited time. Before beginning your TeleVisit, make sure that you:
STEP 1: Call 972-758-5484 to schedule a TeleVisit appointment with Dr. Cooley
STEP 2: Ensure you have an active DHAT Patient Portal account, with username and password. New patients will be given this information when scheduling the TeleVisit appointment. Existing patients that have lost their patient portal credentials or need them to be created should let our office know when scheduling the appointment and they can be provided to you.
STEP 3: There are 3 options to join your TeleVisit appointment:
- Join via your appointment confirmation email by clicking on the “Join This Telemed Appointment Directly” button
- Using your computer/laptop, go to the DHAT PATIENT PORTAL and from the dashboard click on the “Join TeleVisit” button in the Appointments section.
- Download the “Healow” app on your smart device (iOS or GooglePlay)
STEP 4: Secure a private location so you and your physician can speak freely about your health
Preparing for your TeleVisit:
- Arrive early (at least 5-10 minutes) to ensure you can connect to the TeleVisit system. If you experience any issues or have questions, please click on the View TeleVisit FAQ button in the Patient Portal dashboard Appointments section before calling Dr. Cooley’s office. This FAQ resource will have answers to common questions and guidance on resolving any connectivity issues.
- Click “Join TeleVisit” in your patient dashboard or email reminder.
- Fill out requested personal information
- Click “Proceed” to check your computer’s speed and ability to support a TeleVisit. If your computer does not have a webcam (most do), you will need to attach one. If you are using a smartphone, it likely has a camera built-in.
- Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the virtual waiting room
- Dr. Cooley will begin the face-to-face TeleVisit and disconnect when the visit ends.
For questions, please contact us at 972-758-5484. Thank you!